Did you know that we have an range of online and paper tools that can help make the assessment and passing on of inform to your patients just a little bit easier for you? Take a quick look at what we have on offer below:
1. The BMI Calculator
- a handy online resource for you to bookmark. Our calculator allows you to quickly work out a patient's BMI and also offer some advice and tips on the impact BMI can have on fertility. Click here to go to the calculator.
2. The Biological Clock
- GP resources: Our Biological Clock is a quick and easy way to provide information to you patients about their chances of pregnancy leading to a live birth with a natural conception or a cycle of IVF. The Biological Clock is available as a paper resource, on our website and also as an iPhone and iPad applet. To find out more and start using the clock online click here - or if you would like a paper version of this clock to have as a desk resource, please email us by clicking here.
- Patient resources: Our mini Biological Clock is a great resource for you to pass on to your patients. The brochure size clock allows the patient to check their fertility window at their own leisure whilst also providing them with some key information on the right time to seek help, funding for treatment, what happens when you see a fertility specialist and more. If you would like copies of this brochure to use as a patient resource, please email us by clicking here.
3. The Pre-conception and Pregnancy Wheel
Developed in association with Elevit and Menevit, the pre-conceptin and pregnancy wheel is a great tool to have on your desk. The timeline shown on the wheel starts from the develoment of the egg and sperm and also highlights key dates in the development of the embryo and fetus such as conception, implantation, nuchal scan, Crown-Rump Length (CRL), fetal weight and more. We also have an online version of the Pregnancy Timeline, which allows you to print a personalised timeline for your patients - take a look here. To order your paper version of the wheel please email us by clicking here.
4. Making Babies - the New Zealand guide to getting pregnant
You may also wish to have a copy of our book Making Babies, available as a resource for couples trying to become pregnant. Resource copies are available to GP practices free of charge. To order you copy please click here to email us and include your name and the name of your practice.
5. The Little Details magazine
- a magazine which collates all of the articles written by Dr Richard Fisher for OH Baby! magazine. Each article covers a different topic around conception and fertility treatment. Topics include Getting ready for pregnancy; When is the right age to start trying; Making baby making fun; Commonly asked questions about fertility; Male infertility; The process of IVF explained; When IVF doesn't work; Egg and Sperm donation; Surrogacy and more. This magazine is available for you to offer as a resource for your patients. To order copies for your practice, please email us by clicking here.
6. Pathway to a child treatment magazine and Fertility Facts sheets
Our new treatment booklet for all patients going through fertility treatment at Fertility Associates. This booklet covers everything from getting prepared, test and lifestyle factors right through to the progamme for each of our different treatments included fertility preservation, donor and surrogacy. View, download and read the PDFs here.
7. Fertility Research Review
Our Auckland Medical Director, Dr Mary Birdsall, writes commentary for Fertility Research Review. For your easy access, we have gathered together a collection of all of her issues. The Fertility Research Review is published 2 to 3 times a year. About the Review: Fertility Research Review is a unique NZ publication bringing you some of the most important research from around the world. The Review is a summary of what we think are the most significant new papers, plus local commentary on why they are important and how they can potentially affect practice. The Review also provides website links to the abstracts or fully published papers where available, so you can make your own judgements. The latest issues can be read here:
8. Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Our FAQs online resource provides you with answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about fertility and fertility treatment. Find the answers you need now by clicking here.