Upcoming webinars - Miscarriage: Why it happened and what next.
COVID Alert Level 3 - 27 Sept 21
27 September 2021
COVID 19 Alert Level 2 & 3 Update – 27 Sept
Below we have an outline for treatments available and precautions in place for:
- Alert Level 3 in Auckland
- Alert Level 2 NZ, outside Auckland
- COVID Vaccine recording is now live
Level 3 Auckland Update:
Unfortunately, with COVID cases in the Auckland community we need to continue our extra precautions - to reduce the number of people into the clinic and visitors to local blood test laboratories.
At Alert Level 3:
- IUI & OI: we are not yet taking Day 1’s for IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) or OI (Ovulation Induction) cycles. This is largely due to the number of additional visits to our reduced Auckland blood test laboratories. Multiple blood tests are an integral step for both OI and IUI cycles, and from our data provide the best chance of a successful outcome. We do intend to start OI and IUI in Level 2, which we hope is not too far away.
- Reminder, no support people / partners at this time. This helps to reduce the number of people into the clinic significantly. If this will cause undue hardship, please call and discuss it with us before you start your cycle.
- Blood Labs locations have changed around Auckland - here is the latest lab location sheet.
- Consultations are by Zoom or phone where possible with scans in person available after a phone consultation.
- PGT-A & PGD – we are currently reviewing and hope to restart taking Day 1s for PGT-A (PGS) and PGD early next week. We will confirm the restart date before the end of the week.
- Level 2 - please check the Level 2 section below to see what to expect at Level 2.
We continue to take Day 1’s for:
- All types of IVF cycles, including embryo transfers, and use of donor sperm and donor eggs
- Thawed embryo cycles. Your doctor may advise using a programmed cycle to minimise blood tests
- Fertility preservation before cancer treatment
- Egg freezing cycles
- IUI with donor sperm
- Endocrinology patients , please see note below.
At Alert Level 2 - Currently NZ outside of Auckland
At Level 2 we are happy to start taking Day 1’s for all treatments, with additional precautions to reduce the number of people into the clinic at any one time.
Level 2 changes:
- We can now take Day 1’s for IUI and OI cycles from Weds 8 September.
- Given the new requirements for Alert Level 2 we will allow 1 support person ONLY for egg collections, embryo transfers & pregnancy scans. This helps to reduce the number of people into the clinic significantly.
- This means unfortunately no support people for other appointments and, no children during Alert Level 2. If this will cause undue hardship, please call and discuss it with us before you start your cycle.
- Consultations can be provided in person or remotely if preferred. For First Consultations partners are welcome to attend.
- We will also start booking in additional procedures, donor appointments and semen analyses.
It is important that we continue our precautionary measures which include, all those attending the clinic must wear a mask and please keep 2m social distancing.
Watch our Video below with Dr Olivia Stuart: COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy, fertility and breastfeeding.
Thanks for your patience, our teams are here to support you so please be kind to them at this time. By working together, we can continue to provide treatments where safely possible.