Have you been a donor, conceived at Fertility Associates via donor egg, sperm or embryo or are you a donor-conceived person?
Our team of experienced coordinators and counsellors help donors, children and families swap information. This can range from the briefest of details to meeting in person. We have 2 types of donor linking:
- Donor Updates - donors can update and request info
- Donor Connections - parents and children can request information or ask to connect with their donor
- You may have been an egg, sperm or embryo donor with Fertility Associates in the past and lost contact with us. Now is a great time to reconnect and let us know where you are. This helps if you are interested in hearing about the outcome of your donation OR if the children or families you have donated to have any questions or requests.
We have a lot of experience helping donors, children and families swap information, which can range from the briefest of details to people meeting.To update your details or request info click here.
Donor Connections: (find out about your donor)
As part of our service to donors and children born through donor programmes, we offer donor linking – a programme where we can link recipients or their children with their donors.
Contact between recipients, donor-conceived persons and donors can vary depending on the wishes of those involved; ranging from disclosure of limited information, personal or medical information, to occasional email communication, to forming a friendship. We recommend counselling at this time to help in to exchanging information.
- For Parents of donor conceived children: It is common for parents of a donor-conceived child to want to learn more about the person who shares some of their child’s genetic material. Parents don't need to wait until their child is 18 years old to seek information about their donor.
Some parents and children ask if they can communicate with the donor and sometimes enjoy sending letters and photographs. To find out more click here.
- For people who are donor conceived: There are thousands of people in the world that were conceived with the help of donor sperm, eggs, or embryos. You may have grown up knowing you were donor-conceived, or you may have recently found out. It is natural for many donor-conceived people to want to know more about their donor and/or other people born from the same donor and, in some cases, to want to meet them. To find out more click here
Fertility Associates is here to support you. Our experienced counsellors understand the issues for donor-conceived people. They are neutral, respectful of people’s choices and opinions, and maintain privacy at all times.