Many clinics make promises, but we put ourselves on the line with our Fertility Cover programme.
Just like nature, fertility treatment may take some time to achieve success. The chance of having a child after 1, 2, 3 or more cycles is called a cumulative pregnancy rate.
Our Fertility Cover programme gives you 3 chances to have a baby, with a 70% refund if you are unsuccessful. The programme has been going for 9 years, with 80% of people starting Fertility Cover having a baby.
Who can apply?
- Current or new private patients at Fertility Associates
- Publicly funded patients either waiting or who have finished funded IVF cycles. If you have a child from private treatment during this programme, it may change your eligibility for publicly funded treatment. If you have any questions please check with our funding coordinator.
How to apply
- First step is to have an initial consultation with a Fertility Associates doctor and from there your doctor will determine the right course of treatment for you. If IVF is the right treatment for you, you may be eligible for the Fertility CoverTM programme.
- To find out more contact your nearest clinic:
Fertility Cover criteria
Eligibility is dependent on meeting a set of criteria as outlined below. Acceptance into Fertility Cover will be decided by Fertility Associates. The criteria includes:
- The woman must be under 40 years old on the day of joining the programme.
- You should complete the programme, which may involve up to complete IVF cycles, within 18 months of signing the services agreement with us. We expect you will start your first IVF cycle within two months of this date.
- You have not had more than 2 IVF cycles previously at any fertility clinic. However, even if you have previously had a baby from IVF, you may be eligible.
- Review of the medical history of both you and your partner. Some medical factors may exclude applicants from this programme.
- You and your partner must be non-smokers, for at least 3 months before starting and for the duration of treatment under the programme.
Other factors taken into account for eligibility include:
- Women: Hormone levels of FSH and AMH which help predict how well you will respond to the drugs used in IVF, BMI, Medical history.
- Men: Sperm quality from a semen analysis, medical history.
Fertility Cover costs
Depending on the age of the woman, prices start from $28,600 and include drugs, ICSI, embryo storage and thawed embryo replacement.
Fertility Associates will provide the best possible care, however no medical treatment can ever guarantee the outcome, but what we can guarantee is that if unsuccessful we will refund you 70% of the cost of the programme*.
34 to 35
36 to 37
38 to 39
Fee, incl. GST
*Includes drugs, ICSI & Thawed embryo replacement
Fertility Cover - The details:
- To apply for Fertility Cover you and your partner will need to complete certain screening tests at your cost.
- You need to be aware that should you be successful on your first cycle of treatment, you will have paid more than the standard fee for service as you will pay the total fee for Fertility Cover upfront.
- How does this impact on my eligibility for Public Funding?
What is included in Fertility Cover?
The Fertility Cover package includes all the items associated with a normal IVF cycle and more. These are as follows:
- Up to 3 cycles of IVF (ICSI if required)
- Medication – up to 300 iu of Gonal F or Puregon per day during treatment
- Other standard medications used in treatment
- Blood tests & ultrasound scans
- Replacement of all frozen embryos resulting from your cycle for up to three years from the date of the final egg collection
- Storage of embryos up to 24 months from signing the services agreement with us. After this, you would pay for any further storage
- Early pregnancy monitoring to 7 weeks gestation, including ultrasound scanning
- Counselling, up to 4 consultations.
Exclusions from Fertility Cover include:
- Diagnostic and screening tests, such as AMH, FSH, Egg Check, semen analysis, etc
- Any surgery
- Surgical sperm retrieval of sperm from the testes, if needed
- The use of donated eggs
- Assisted hatching
- Cost of donor sperm, including recruitment and storage fees, if needed
- Cost of pregnancy care after 7 weeks gestation, any hospitalisation from treatment, prenatal diagnosis and any subsequent follow-up
- Not all IVF treatment types will be covered. We can advise you at the time of your application.
If you have any questions in regards to what is included and excluded from this programme, please ask your medical team.