Referring a patient for public treatment in the Auckland/Northland region
The Northern Region Fertility Service (NRFS) manages referrals for publicly funded fertility services in Auckland, Waitemata, Counties Manukau and Northland regions. E-referral is strongly preferred.
- Women must be under the age 40 at referral. A couple is not eligible if they have 2 or more children aged 12 or younger living at home.
- Indications are not pregnant after 12 months or more of trying, or a known severe cause of infertility such as anovulation, very irregular cycles, severe male factor, or tubal infertility.
The following tests should be completed before referral: But do not need to be attached to referral.
- Semen analysis done with the last 12 months.
- FSH and estradiol level measured on day 2-4 of the menstrual cycle, done within the last 12 months.
- Current smear.
- HIV, Hep B, Hep C (male and female).
- Progesterone level 6-8 days before menses.
Public referrals should be sent to:
Northern Regional Fertility Service
E-referral is preferred: via Healthpoint e-referral, under FERTILITY
If you cannot access Healthpoint please use:
- Email: NorthernRegion.FertilityService@waitematadhb.govt.nz
- Fax: (09) 486 2710
- Post: NRFS, 37 Taharoto Road, Takapuna 0622
- Public Consultation: Approx. 3 months
- Public Treatment: Approx. 1 year
- Please contact clinic for current timing if required