Good things take time...
Just like nature, fertility treatment may take some time to achieve success. The chance of having a child after one, two, three or more cycles is called a cumulative pregnancy rate.
Our Fertility Cover® programme gives you three chances to have a baby, with a 70% refund if you are unsuccessful. Since the inception of the programme in 2015, 88% of people starting Fertility Cover® have had a baby.
Knowing that you have paid for three cycles of IVF in advance means that you can relax, and concentrate on your treatment and looking after your wellbeing. The costs of three cycles under the programme are significantly less than you would pay if you paid for three individual cycles. Plus, you get a 70% refund if you are not pregnant after three cycles.
Obviously, if you get pregnant on the first cycle, the programme works out more expensive, but it more than pays for itself if you need more than one cycle to get pregnant - and most people do.
There are some conditions to joining the Fertility Cover® programme, so read on for more information.
The first step is to have an initial consultation with a Fertility Associates doctor - your doctor will determine the right course of treatment for you. If IVF is the right treatment for you, you may be eligible for the programme.
How do I apply?
- To apply you should be a current or new private patient at Fertility Associates
- To apply for Fertility Cover you and your partner may need to complete certain screening tests at your own cost
- You need to be aware that should you be successful on your first cycle of treatment, you will have paid more than the standard fee for service as you will pay the total fee for Fertility Cover upfront.
- If you qualify for public funding, you need to be aware on the impact this may have on your eligibility for Public Funding. Having a child from private treatment during this programme, may change your eligibility for any subsequent publicly funded treatment. If you have any questions, our funding coordinator will be able to help you.
Fertility Cover criteria
Acceptance into Fertility Cover is decided by Fertility Associates, dependent on meeting these criteria:
- the woman must be under 40 years old on the day of joining the programme;
- the programme, which may involve up to 3 complete IVF cycles, You should be completed within 18 months of signing the services agreement with us. We expect you will start your first IVF cycle within two months of this date;
- you have not had more than two IVF cycles previously at any fertility clinic. However, even if you have previously had a baby from IVF, you may be eligible;
- satisfactory review of the medical history of both you and your partner. Some medical factors may exclude applicants from this programme;
- you and your partner must be non-smokers, for at least 3 months before starting and for the duration of treatment under the programme.
Other factors taken into account for eligibility include:
- Women: hormone levels of FSH and AMH which help predict how well you will respond to the drugs used in IVF; BMI; medical history.
- Men: sperm quality from a semen analysis, medical history.
Fertility Cover fees
Depending on the age of the woman, prices start from $30,600 and include drugs, ICSI, embryo storage and thawed embryo replacement.
Fertility Associates will provide the best possible care, however no medical treatment can ever guarantee the outcome, but what we can guarantee is that if unsuccessful we will refund you 70% of the cost of the programme*.
Fees, incl gst
34 to 35
36 to 37
38 to 39
*includes drugs, ICSI & thawed embryo replacement.
Fertility Cover - the fine print
What is included in Fertility Cover?
The Fertility Cover package includes all the items associated with a normal IVF cycle and more. These are as follows:
- Up to 3 cycles of IVF (ICSI if required)
- Medication – up to 300 iu of Gonal F or Puregon per day during treatment
- Other standard medications used in treatment
- Blood tests & ultrasound scans
- Replacement of all frozen embryos resulting from your cycle for up to three years from the date of the final egg collection
- Storage of embryos up to 24 months from signing the services agreement with us. After this, you would pay for any further storage
- Early pregnancy monitoring to 7 weeks gestation, including ultrasound scanning
- Counselling, up to four consultations.
- Diagnostic and screening tests, such as AMH; FSH; egg check; semen analysis, etc
- Any surgery
- Surgical sperm retrieval of sperm from the testes, if needed
- The use of donated eggs
- Assisted hatching
- Cost of donor sperm, including recruitment and storage fees, if needed
- Cost of pregnancy care after 7 weeks gestation, any hospitalisation from treatment, prenatal diagnosis and any subsequent follow-up
- Not all IVF treatment types will be covered. We can advise you at the time of your application.
If you have any questions about what is included, please ask your medical team.
How to apply
Speak to your nearest clinic manager, for more information and to apply:
- Auckland: Claudia Sidhu email or (09) 925 5930
- Hamilton: Helen Mudgway email or (07) 839 2603
- Wellington: Renee Ramakers email or (04) 384 8401
- Christchurch: Anna Osborn email or (03) 375 4000
- Dunedin: Anna Osborn email or (03) 951 2402
New Zealand's leading fertility specialists
Specialists in fertility
- Our doctors specialise in fertility, and many have gone on to gain a CREI (Certificate in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility). This is only available for doctors who are fellows of the Royal Australian and New Zealand of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG). More on CREI.
- Fertility Associates have been accredited by FRANZCOG to train new fertility specialists towards a CREI accreditation.
- We’re the only New Zealand clinic to graduate specialists in the CREI programme in the last ten years, and we have CREI doctors in every Fertility Associates clinic.
Excellent success rates
When selecting a clinic, it’s important to check what measure they use when reporting their success rates. Many use ‘clinical pregnancy per embryo transfer’, which excludes:
- People who do not have any eggs
- People whose eggs don’t fertilise
- Pregnancy loss or miscarriage
Clinical pregnancy rate per transfer can also be increased by transferring more than one embryo at a time, which carries the risks and complications of twins and even triplets to the mother and children.
Our booklet Pathway to a Child has comprehensive information on the chance of success with IVF and other treatments.
Here are our most recent results for a single IVF egg collection cycle. It covers all women using their own eggs who have an egg collection, including those who did not get any eggs, those whose eggs didn’t fertilise, and those whose pregnancy sadly miscarried.
New technologies available with Fertility Associates
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening 'PGS'
- Time Lapse Morphometry Imaging 'TiMI'
- Invitae Genetic Screening
- HCG Infusion
More about our fertility treatment options here.
We have fertility clinics throughout New Zealand
You’re never far away from expert care, advice and expertise with Fertility Associates. Our fertility clinics are located in five main centres around the country, and our doctors regularly consult in another 22 locations.
We also now have clinics across Malaysia.
Our fertility doctors are led by a Medical Director in each clinic:
Dr Phill McChesneyMedical Director Auckland, Fertility SpecialistAuckland - Remuera
Dr Ved Prakash (VP) SinghMedical Director, HamiltonHamilton, New Plymouth
Dr Andrew MurrayGroup Medical Director & Fertility SpecialistWellington, Hawkes Bay, Lower Hutt
Dr Sarah WakemanMedical Director, ChristchurchChristchurch, Nelson, Dunedin
Dr Simon McDowellMedical Director Wellington, Fertility specialist, Laparoscopic surgeonWellington, Gisborne, Palmerston North